PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:15 am 

Drives: Audi A4 Avant 170TDI Quattro Golf Mk2 GTD
Very interesting times, popcorn out (-:

Post subject: Re: EU Referendum
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:27 am 
Forum Moderator

reido wrote:
Very interesting times, popcorn out (-:

Interesting indeed. It's funny how every other leader, after losing a campaign, resigns. But Nicola Sturgeon doesn't, she sees it as a means to strengthen her power, and push forward an idea already voted down less than 2 year previously.

I mean, look at David Cameron, lost referendum, resigns. Gordon Brown. He lost the election, he resigned. Ed Milliband. Lost election, resigned. John Major, lost election, resigned. Alex Salmond, lost referendum, resigned. Jim Murphy, lost election, resigned. Jack McConnell, lost election, resigned. In fact, the only leader I can think of, in recent times at least, who hasn't resigned after losing, was Nigel Farage after the General Election. Is that really the sort of company she wishes to keep?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:07 am 

Drives: pee pee Daily, Mk3 VR6 & Vlompact
She has no mandate, how's she expecting to pull one from Westminster nobody knows.

Does Mr Junker know who Scotland is?

Also very skeptical of the Scotland outcome. Generally, older people I speak to (50+) wanted out, we are always told we have an ageing population so the vote count doesn't add up with me.

We're out the only loss so far is to the Billionaires. I'm fine with that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:45 am 

Haha, this is better than i thought it would be! Comedy gold.
Sturgeon resign after a referendum that was brought about by Tory party infighting and trying to out flank UKIP, Ie nothing to do with her, the snp or hollyrood, or any other party. She had no choice, every other party, mp, msp, devolved entity had no choice but to take part in what ever stance (remain/leave) they saw fit. So why should any of them resign.
In that logic every single elected member that fought for the remain side should resign?
The result is in the uk is leaving the EU against the wishes of Scotland & NI voters, now reap what it sows what ever that may be.

Brilliant, im away to get shares in popcorn a factory (-:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:44 pm 
Forum Moderator

reido wrote:
Sturgeon resign after a referendum that was brought about by Tory party infighting and trying to out flank UKIP, Ie nothing to do with her, the snp or hollyrood, or any other party. She had no choice, every other party, mp, msp, devolved entity had no choice but to take part in what ever stance (remain/leave) they saw fit. So why should any of them resign.
In that logic every single elected member that fought for the remain side should resign?
The result is in the uk is leaving the EU against the wishes of Scotland & NI voters, now reap what it sows what ever that may be.

She decided on the party stance. It's in the SNP constitution that they are not allowed to (publicly at least) disagree with her decision. It was her who backed the remain camp, and not allow a free choice to her MSP's to decide for themselves. Despite almost 40% of Scotland voting to leave.

I'm not really bothered either way as to the result. I did vote remain, but I am almost as happy with the leave vote. I just find it hard to believe that she feels strengthened despite almost 40% of Scotland voting against her, her falling on the wrong side of the UK vote, and with the EU saying we would have to re-apply from scratch. At least Salmond had the dignity to resign his position when he lost.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:10 pm 

She fully has it in her head that we're already independent.
The propaganda on radio one today that she could veto the outcome is comedy gold.

Remember the media are trying to scaremonger the rest of Europe not to leave. The empire is crumbling and they will do all in their power to stop it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:44 pm 

Like i say, its popcorn time, we can disagree and debate on here all day, un likely to get anywhere lol
Its not in our hands, everyone has there views, i think its time to reflect and see what happens now.

A government split with no plan on what to do(yet) the PM and probably Osborne and others resigning.
The official opposition is in ruins at a time they should be ripping the government apart but instead the Blairite red tories try to take out their leader (who has the most popular mandate given to him by party members)

The media yet again failed to hold anyone to account and were too busy letting whoever controls them push there own agenda.

Events happening so fast, to the rest of the world it looks like we are being led by headless chickens , which we all knew was the case anyway lol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:12 pm 

Well the shares in my company have been plummeting since the vote, thats real investment and jobs that wont happen this year,62% of Scotland voted to stay that's why nicola sturgeon feels like she has a indy 2 mandate, I voted in because I think it was best for my children and grandson, and the amount that has been wiped off my pension pot in the last few days will take years to get back if it does, in time to be any good to me,I cant understand all the negatives about europe I have grown up with the freedom to go where I want within the e/u no hassle and work anywhere the money is,in the 80's that was Germany these days everyone wants to come here ,leaving Europe won't change that over half of immigrants are from out with europe, and all the pledges about money to spend are being backtracked faster than a labour frontbenchers resignation letter, and rumour has it Boris didn't actually want to win the vote just give himself a higher profile for his go at prime minister.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:48 am 

Just imagine how your company will be if we are "independent" in the EU and have to take the euro, shengen and build a proper border with England.

Our only saving grace is she can't do anything against Westminster to do with the situation as they never surrendered those powers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:09 am 

Andymk312v wrote:
Just imagine how your company will be if we are "independent" in the EU and have to take the euro, shengen and build a proper border with England.

Our only saving grace is she can't do anything against Westminster to do with the situation as they never surrendered those powers.

Didnt realise all that stuff had been decided already, wow! things are moving fast.
looks like a repeat of The usual baseless press scaremongering to me.

Im sure our pal above has spent plenty time thinking things through (like everyone has) about his business and family and is having a hard enough time?

Im sure Sturgeon and most other political partys will be doing everything they can within the law, to protect our position within the EU, (how ever that may look in the future), as mandated by the people of Scotland. If she wasn't she/they would be a fool.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:22 am 
Forum Moderator

reido wrote:
Andymk312v wrote:

Didnt realise all that stuff had been decided already, wow! things are moving fast.

Not that quick really. It's pretty much the same stuff the EU said we would have to do if we had become independent back in 2014. So that stuff hasn't really changed. Wasn't really baseless since it was the president of the European Commission (thems that make the EU rules) that said all this. Not the No / Remain camps.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:27 pm 

Link me to the minutes from the meeting or wording from any parliament where any of that is written in law then? Not some news article where junker says x or y because they need to stick to the member states party line. (Which interestingly they dont have to do now)

1. Members can't be forced to change to the euro. Fact. (Prove me wrong)
2. Shengen is negotiable, we have no land border with mainland europe and wouldnt require any of them to change anything they do just now.
So is free movement within British Isles, no border posts between what may or may not be an independent Scotland/England/UK in or out of the EU Nor between Northern Ireland/Republic Ireland. (Interestingly being a member of the EU and having an open border between North/south Ireland is part of the good friday agrement).
It only takes political will to achieve any of these things.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:57 pm 

reido wrote:
Andymk312v wrote:

Im sure our pal above has spent plenty time thinking things through (like everyone has) about his business and family and is having a hard enough time?

Im sure Sturgeon and most other political partys will be doing everything they can within the law, to protect our position within the EU, (how ever that may look in the future), as mandated by the people of Scotland. If she wasn't she/they would be a fool.

The two letters in bold make all the difference to my statement.

The only thing Sturgeon wants is to follow Ecks dynasty. She only has an independent Scotland in her sights. We have to prosume it's going to be on the same deal as last time (worst case).

To add I was a solid yes voter in the independence referendum but there's no way I would vote to join the EU and be independent. It massively contradicts being independent. If the OPEC countries, mainly Saudi hadn't sunk the oil price there'd be a chance we could survive, but haggis, beef and whisky exports being controlled by the EU would not keep Scotland afloat very long.