It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:25 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:25 pm 
Crew

Drives: BMW 330 Clubsport and Bora TDI winter hack
Now that Photobucket has well and truly ruined forums by blackmailing millions of members for $399 a year, everyone's looking at different options so I thought I'd share what little I know. Please add any of your experiences here.

The best site for you will be based on what you use to upload photos, If you upload them to a pc or laptop then something like Flickr or imgur will suit you well unfortunately on Flickr at least I couldn't get bb codes (img tags) on my Android phone or iPad. If you use a phone or tablet. Post image will do the job. There's also TinyPic too but they're owned by Photobucket so use at your peril.

I'm now uploading via my phone to the Flickr app, then when I have my pc on I select the pic I want from the Flickr webpage, right click on it and select open in new tab. Then go to that and select copy image address (or whatever it says similar to that) then paste it on here.

The reason I'm doing it in that long winded way is because Post image was ultra slow at uploading (if at all) for me.

Hopefully this helps a bit and as said if you know a better way or a good site, post in here and help out :rthumb:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:48 pm 

Drives: Mk5 Golf GTTDI & BMW E46 M3
So....

If you put ~original after the .jpeg on previously used photobucket link, it makes the image work

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:31 pm 
Crew

SAW wrote:
So....

If you put ~original after the .jpeg on previously used photobucket link, it makes the image work

I just tried this and no dice for me :sadwalk:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:21 am 
Forum Moderator

I must be close to the only weirdo who pretty much does everything at a PC nowadays.

I sure Flickr now. I don't have to do any of that fancy stuff you are suggesting Hawk. I simply hit the share button, select the resolution I wish to share it at, copy the link, and paste it.

I do then also delete all the Flickr links and crap before posting the pictures mind you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:52 am 
Crew

xs2man wrote:
I must be close to the only weirdo who pretty much does everything at a PC nowadays.

I sure Flickr now. I don't have to do any of that fancy stuff you are suggesting Hawk. I simply hit the share button, select the resolution I wish to share it at, copy the link, and paste it.

I do then also delete all the Flickr links and crap before posting the pictures mind you.

Are you running Windows 10 Stewart? I moved to it but rolled back pretty quickly to 7. I'll try next time I'm on PC but the only way I could see to get a link was to open pic in a new tab.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:54 pm 
Forum Moderator

Actually, I am on Windows 10, but can't see how the OS would make the website any harder?

So I hit this button:

And it gives this menu:

And then pick the resolution (medium works well for car forums that don't automatically adjust for the screen), copy the link, paste it, delete the url's surrounding the img tags, and submit.

So I get this image posted:

(Excuse the wrist slitting MPV pic though please).

In fact, now I have hosted these pics already on my flickr, should I just do another, updated guide for the site for using Flickr?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:41 pm 
Crew

That's weird, on my photo stream I don't get the icons bottom right to select even when I open pic in a new tab,

Yeah do a how to mate, anything that helps is worthwhile. I'll do screenshots of mine in case anyone else's layout is the same as mine.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:54 pm 

Drives: Mk5 Golf GTTDI & BMW E46 M3
Hawk wrote:
SAW wrote:
So....

I just tried this and no dice for me :sadwalk:

It's worked for everybody else.... weird

Example ;-
1£:!;3&.jpeg~original[/img]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:24 am 

Drives: 2002 Mk 4 GTi PD 150 3 Dr, A4 Avant S Line Black, 1991 Mk2 GTi 16v 3 dr, 1988 Passat B2 estate
I can confirm that the ~original is working for me. Just need to go back through as many threads and make the changes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:20 pm 
Forum Moderator

Has photobucket gone all Tory and done a u-turn? Looks like a lot of my pics are being hosted again. Or is it the result of some fancy trickery I installed on my chrome browser?

If it is that trickery, then here is the link for anyone yet to install it: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... nfo-dialog