It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Your SVAG car timeline.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:08 pm 
Crew

Drives: BMW 330 Clubsport and Bora TDI winter hack
There's plenty members, who've had plenty cars in the time they've been here. So feeling nostalgic I thought a wee trip down memory lane would be good to see.

So as the title suggests. Post pics of the cars you've owned in the time you've been on the forum.

I'll start it off and try and get mine in order as best I can remember, but i'll no doubt forget something.

When I joined up I Had a 2001 Audi A4 B6 that I didn't even take pics of cause it was just a mile muncher. I also owned a mk3 Golf GTI 8v that a very good mate had owned for 7 years before me.

I sold that and bought a standard Mk3 GTI 16v that went through a few interiors, grills, and sets of wheels

Put the Mk3 back to standard and swapped it with a mate for a tatty MK2 GTI with Vr6 transplant.

Gave it a tidy up, then my mate started having issues with the Mk3 so I done the right think and swapped back :(

Got bored of messing about with the same old mk3 so left it sitting down the drive and bought a B5 A4 1.8t sport to tidy up.

B5 was in a sad state of neglect but ran well and i onlly bought it for something to play with and tidy up.

I then bought an B5 V6 Quattro for the interior and carpet

And put them in the T sport

Then before I'd even lowered it, I got impulsive and done a deal with the B5 for a Mk2 Golf GTI 8v

I ploughed fair chunk into this car and as with the black mk3 it went through a fair few interiors, sets of wheels, and other changes.

Then sold it on and dug the mk3 back out

Black mk3 oil pick up pipe went and starved the 90k engine of oil, so that got put to the back of the drive again and I bought my Red GTI back from the guy i'd sold it too. Sadly not in the same condition.

Threw suspension, wheels, and interior from the black one at it

Sold it and bought a Mk4 GT tdi as i was bored of Mk3s and doing a load of miles for work.

Lobbed eibach springs on and bought a set of LMs which i got powdercoated

Once again, swapped with a mate and got another Mk2 GTI 16v which was in need of some love.

And set about tidying it up along with the usual lowering, panel replacing and a bit of paint

Decided I was done with Mk2s. sold it, instantly regretted it and bought another Mk2 Vr6 project.

Started to reverse the 90s mods.

I only owned it for a month or so before selling it on to buy this Audi A8 sport that i'd been after for a while.
bought 20s and got them powdercoated

Sold it. Bought a Mk5 GTI that had been skelped with the wrong end of the styling stick.

I got the front and rear bumpers painted along with the side skirts, swapped out the single din headunit for a 510 bought brand new BBS Vz (pescarra but wider and lower offset) and got a center silencer onto the stainless exhaust.

I still have the Mk5 but this is my latest car. Bmw E46 330ci Clubsport

There were a few motorbikes in that time too but there's no need to see them here.

That's me up to date from 2008-2016. Theres a good few interiors and sets of wheels that never made it onto here, But you no doubt get the idea, i'm not into show cars, slow cars or low cars, I just like buying something and gentleman sausage about with it doing mini restos and little touches here and there.

Get some pics of your cars up folks. It doesn't have to be as long or detailed as this. I'm just sitting at the pc listening to tunes anyway so these few hours trawling photobucket has flown past.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:29 pm 
Crew

Drives: Oak Green 8v. Wifes Mk6 Golf Cab.
Some thread mate.

I think Big G may have owned the SVAG slag Audi B5 V6 you had. Never realised you were an owner of it too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:07 pm 

Drives: A ricer mobile
Thought i would chuck mine up here.

joined the site back in 2009 when i bought myself a mk3 golf vr6, was stock apart from a set of 40mm springs (no pics of it like this) so i stuck a set of jamex coilovers on it and a straight through decat exhaust

i then stuck a vento front end on but left it matt black

then a set of 16" bbs rx 1

then decided i prefered the mk3 front end and sold the vento front end to dougievr6 (RIP big man)

sold the car to a mate and bought my first mk4, a stock GTI TDI

instantly got rid of the tractor like ride height

got an anniversary kit fitted and some paintwork done on her

she then had a milltek turbo back decat exhaust fitted with tdi downward tips, a k&n panel filter and a stage 1 map done at star performance which took her up to 187bhp & 300lbsft of torque.

then i fitted a set of 17" audi 6 spokes off a TT

and then a set of 18" millie miglia twists

fitted an allard intercooler hardpipe kit

and then done a swap with a lad from wales for this

fitted a 3" downpipe and decat and then fitted a polished charge pipe courtesy of gb1 on here

fitted a set of black 18" RS4 7 spoke reps

lowered it on some weitec coilovers in the snow on boxing day i may add

and went a run up to loch lomond a fortnight later and got some nice shots

then the clutch went and i fitted a sachs organic clutch, jabbasport smf and a quaife atb diff then got this badboy fitted

managed to find an original set of newly refurbed original ronal rims with brand new michilin pilot sport 2s and spent 20mins on each wheel with a white tyre paint marker

a rolling shot

and the last one i took before swapping her :(

for a bora pd130 highline as i needed a mile muncher

it had a striaght through decat exhaust and remap......... but had this

so i stuck on the 18" RS4 7 spokes i had previously on the leon and got a machine polish done

fitted a genuine oettinger front grill

and got a new tailpipe weled onto the exhaust so i could fit a replacement lower valance

and then sold it and ran about in a horrible green subaru impreza gx sport wagon for a month (no pics) and then had a subaru forester XT that was decent (no pics again) but it wasn't me, so i went back to my roots and got another mk4, this time a V5 170

never done much with that apart from remove the centre resonator and fit a green cotton panel filter and then keep it clean.

it did make just short of 190bhp on extremes rollers though which i was chuffed with

then i sold that and ran about in a vectra ls for a few months while i got some money together and bought this

a 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX 300.

stuck a big 3" straight through on it with a 4" exit

fitted a fuel pump and a cosworth panel filter and then had it mapped to 280bhp / 315lbsft

another clean pic

then fitted an sti pink strut brace

owned that for just shy of 2 years then sold up and went back to my VW roots again and bought my current whip

Scirocco GT 2.0 TSI

i have owned this for 1 year and all i have done to this is some LED light upgrade and fitted a set of sill protectors.
may remap it at some point in the future.

hope you guys enjoyed the post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:30 pm 

Drives: B7 RS 4, Mk3 VR6, Touran Sport
How long you got? I think we might run out of Internet...

2007 Daytona Grey RS 4 Avant
1995 Black Mk3 VR 24v project
2014 Cherry Red Touran Sport

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:41 pm 
Forum Moderator

C17LJR wrote:
How long you got? I think we might run out of Internet...

Lol. I'm not quite as bad. And have a few pics which have 2 or more cars at same time.

I joined in 2006 when I bought my first Golf GTI:

A few mods later...

While that was being done, I bought an A3 for the daily duties... 2.0 TDI

The Golf was then ditched for something with more traction... A V6 4Motion.

Which wasn't as fast as the old Golf, and drank like a fish, so swapped for something with more power... Audi S4 (4.2 V8)

The A3 was then swapped for something newer. An A4 2.0 TDI Avant Auto

Then another A4. This time a Black Edition B8.5 Quattro...

Didn't like it. Particularly the terrible fuel economy. So swapped it for my first BMW. A 335d Touring...

I then took another mk4 in px for the S4. Only had it about 24 hours...

In the meantime, I had a few different motors for various duties...

Including a mk2 GTI...

A Polo CLD I ran on Veg Oil

A 4.6 V8 Range Rover

And a Passat 1.9 TDI (130)

And then bought a BMW 330i Touring...

Another P38 Ranger Rover, this time with a 4.0 V8...

And then swapped the 335d for something a bit bigger. My current 530d

Which still isn't big enough, with the growing family, and family duties, so bought a Seat Alhambra (2.0 TDI)...

So that's only 15 cars in 10 years. Not bad. Not bad at all.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:20 pm 
Crew

Drives: Leon Mk2
I'll post mine up when I've got a spare day :laugh:

Great thread so far.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:42 pm 
Crew

Good stuff lads, thanks for sharing. :bigthumbs:

Carl and Rico, you two should chip in with Baz and AL-z in hiring a call centre in India for a week to manage your timelines :haha: Get them done tho cause I guarantee you'll smile and some of the memories of what you got up to in those cars come back.

Mine would've been much longer too if it hadn't slowed down. In the last three and a half years I've only had three cars, still owning two of them.

I want a project now tho :laugh:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:26 pm 

will try add some of mine since 2012 :rthumb:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:11 pm 

Drives: most folk up the wall
Rico wrote:
I'll post mine up when I've got a spare day :laugh:

Great thread so far.

I canny be arsed is that ok :biggrin:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:06 pm 
Crew

Kin hell Barry, that's some amount of motors in 4 years eh? :laugh: you've had some nice cars for sure. Type R, Focus St and Megane RS are three hot hatches I'd own in a heartbeat.

Sake Bobster, finger oot and trawl Photobucket sunshine :cool3:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:10 pm 

Hawk wrote:
Kin hell Barry, that's some amount of motors in 4 years eh? :laugh: you've had some nice cars for sure. Type R, Focus St and Megane RS are three hot hatches I'd own in a heartbeat.

cheers funny thing is she picked 99% of them :biggrin: you might notice the 330ci in there

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:46 pm 
Crew

barrym381 wrote:
Hawk wrote:

cheers funny thing is she picked 99% of them :biggrin: you might notice the 330ci in there

She's got a good eye for motors. Aye, I spotted the BM, nice looking car.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:50 pm 

Hawk wrote:
barrym381 wrote:
Hawk wrote:

She's got a good eye for motors. Aye, I spotted the BM, nice looking car.

had plenty of other bmw s and stuff over the years but this was just pictures from 2012 :rthumb:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:33 pm 
Trader

Audi coupe 20v, early 7a engine in pearleascent white

Then it got a black friend

10v coupe quattro. Ng engine,bodywork in really good condition bar 1 ripple/dent, interior was black leather, black carpet and headlining iirc. And all dash bulbs worked.

I had to sell that after 5 weeks due to a bathroom flood :(    I regreted having to sell it. A lot, then the house insurance paid for the flood and I had money to buy another car.......

Then there was 2 again

RL=http://s9.photobucket.com/user/audi-hibby/media/My%20Car/Black%20CQ10v/DSC03959.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

The fwd got stripped and bailed. The 20v quattro became an ongoing project.

Next up was a b4 80 avant tdi

Then a 80 quattro 16v saloon. A model never introduced to the uk. We think this one came from Republic of Ireland then Northern Ireland then here.

And then.....

This got added to the to do list

And then

E30 318i auto

Then someone gave me a shot of a dridt car so I got an E36 323 saloon
Drove this on the road for 2 weeks, welded the diff, then wrote it off after 4 laps drifting.

Then I sold the e30 with this thrown in the deal.
E36 328 sport on the right. It had been robbed by some scrote hence me getting it in a deal, previous drift car on the left

Then my banger driver mate spray painted it for me, the white is goushold white gloss £4:99 for litre from b&m bargains store thined down with v-power petrol then sprayed through a normal auto spray gun. Green is a colour match, made to order from b&q.
A glass cheque build.

Then i got a 54k mile e36 328 that had had a front end smash/half repaired and alarm fob lost for much cheapness. Fixed it up and drifted it. Crashed it, fixed it, and its now sitting in my yard awaiting abuse

Then I got a Mobility Scooter. Still have this

I liked the mobility scooter so much I uograded to a half sized american chopper replica

Wich got swapped for another toy that i still have

I took this as a trade. Kept it for a while, done (naughty swear) all with it and sold it on, 2 months later I got a scrap mk1 with great engine i could have used as a donor :(

An e30 I still have ready for a donor engine.

Both of these still with me

And this i still have this for the Edinburgh potholes.

Probably missed a few

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:08 pm 
Crew

Drives: 9n3 GTi & 986 Boxster
ok so heres mine! i joined svag when i had my first car so this is my complete history! mines is all about quality and not quantity :haha: :haha:

all the pictures are, for the most part, how i got them, and how it ended up! i have photos for my first 2 cars but i cant get photobucket to show them....

first car - peugeot 106 1.1 mardi gras - first car, loved it!

second car - nova - £40 bargain! never used!

third car - mk3 golf 1.4 CL - nothing much to say... a mk3 and i enjoyed it...

fourth car - mk3 polo GT - awesome car! much fun!

fifth car - mk5 golf - everything changed on it pretty much! loved it!

sixth car - mk3 cab - amazing car, had a great laugh with it! got the bug for converts with this! then crashed it...

seventh car - mk2 1.3 CL - was on a roll with this one, low milage etc, but had to get rid of it as i was losing the garage it was in!

eighth car - 7 series BM V8 minus rear section of exhaust :twisted: - sounded incredible! felt like driving a couch

nineth car - matt black mk3 diesel - bought it as i crashed

tenth car - boxster S (still own) - great car, fast, fun, and enjoyable to work on! been off road more than on (due to me doing so much work on it!)

and as it sits at pressent!

eleventh car - 9n polo runaround - crashed....

twelth car - cheap mk4 1.6 - bought off gumtree for not alot of money and sold for profit after using for a couple months!

thirteenth car - 9n3 GTI (still own) - another great car, fast, fun, and looks good!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:28 pm 
Forum Moderator

Flip sake. So if you want to sell a car and still see it on the road, dinnae sell it to you then? Reasonable chance of it being crashed...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:49 pm 

Not had that many cars, here are mine and a few quads I have had in the same time... cant find any of my first car on Photobucket so start with my 2nd car and 1st quad...

Sold and got this

Done less than 1000 miles in 2 years in the R32 so sold and got this for the dog

Bent a piston with a worn camshaft, fixed it and sold it. Never bought anything and used misses car etc then got this

Bought this around same time as the MK2 and got my niece an LT50

Bought this from a good mate to run while building forge engine for the mk2

and just bought this to replace the LT50

Pretty much takes it up to now :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:21 pm 
Crew

Great stuff lads, thanks for sharing, I'm lovin seeing all these cars like this.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:34 pm 

Drives: 85 Audi 90cd, 86 Audi 80cl, 2 x 89 Audi 100 avants & a partridge in a pear tree
Been here a while.....

Back when I joined, I had this.....only a 1.8 5v but was fine for the time. 1998 A4 se with black cloth and Bose sounds

Had many sets of wheels on this, A8 comps, RS4 reps, Nuvolaris, then the black A4 5 spokes, then this happened...

Also had this...1998 A8 2.8 auto with black leather comfort seats

Which was then sold for this...1998 A8 2.8 sport auto with leather recaro interior

which was then taken to SVAG one year when it rained a bit...

And then was sold on due to a knackered box

In the background, had this as well...1986 80cl 1.6

and then cleaned up and had a few bits added/removed

Notice the A4 on the Nuvolaris at the time (which were very rare and hard to come by back then, now every tom, gentleman sausage and harry makes reps of them) which were sold to a guy on audi sport for a lot more than I paid :secret:

Stored it away for a bit, then brought it out like this....

(notice the sugar Mondeo, company car..only had it for 6 months and had to go back for a faulty wheel bearing...)

Then it went away again...came out like this...

And got pics of it with the next money pit I bought by that time...1985 90cd 2.0

which I also got a set of these for....

Then found these....

Also bought this not long ago...1989 100 Avant 2.2 quattro

Which then blew a coolant hose on the way home and had a rotten fuel tank >_<

So....then I bought this to cheer myself up a bit....1989 100 Avant 2.0E auto

and just trying to find the time to get at least 1 or 2 on the road for summer....also a sugar of company cars and fancy crap for the weekends

Anyway, here's a badly made pic of a chick with hooters in a mk2 Golf..If you made it to here then you deserve it

Enjoy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:48 pm 
Crew

Drives: 9n3 GTi & 986 Boxster
xs2man wrote:
Flip sake. So if you want to sell a car and still see it on the road, dinnae sell it to you then? Reasonable chance of it being crashed...

Hahah the cab I was gutted about, the polo I couldn't have cared about! Got a day off work for both so I was happy :p don't plan on doing it again for a while so should be fine :p

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:23 pm 

Here is the list of cars I've had doesn't come close to the number of cars some of you had. Only one missing is a 1.1 fiat chinqento not sure on the spelling.

First car
Next was this polo gt which was such a fun car and one of the few I miss.

Next up came this cupra remapped to 215bhp

This is the next car I miss but having kids meant it had to go.

Then came the family car which is a brilliant all rounder 330d
m sport

So that's it to date

This was somewhere in there too.

Not all vag I know.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:57 pm 

Drives: Mk2 Gti, 8P S3, B7 A4 avant, John Deere L120
What a great thread.

I joined svag when browsing the classifieds for my mk2 in 2011. I promised my now wife that we'd get married and pay for the wedding before I starting sinking money into an 80s hot hatch

Clio RS 200 with cup chassis. Superb back road commuter, the car handled so well and had superb brakes, I loved it, although it was French and so was built like a French car

Image[/URL]

I bought Dino from Owen on here, to date my favourite car, and still going strong. Originally an 8v GTI, now 20vt

370z - amazing car, the 'synchro Rev' gearbox was a brilliant feature, effectively an automatic heal and toe feature for the manual gearbox. Only problem was the car was massively let down by the quiet exhaust and at the time I didn't want to spend £1.5k on a decent exhaust

B7 A4 1.8t Quattro dog mobile, absolutely loved it and a very capable all season

My current whip, 2007 S3 mapped. Super car and I may hold on to it for a while.... we shall see!

Cheers for looking

Pete

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:02 pm 
Crew

Cracking pics Pedro. The wedding car pic of the Clio 200, is that at Balbirnie House?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:19 pm 

Drives: Mk2 Gti, 8P S3, B7 A4 avant, John Deere L120
Hawk wrote:
Cracking pics Pedro. The wedding car pic of the Clio 200, is that at Balbirnie House?

Cheers. Well spotted, yes Balbirnie July 2011

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:36 pm 

Drives: Mk5 Golf GTTDI & BMW E46 M3
I'll do mine when I have more time - and I doubt it'll be in order of time either. My memory is decent but not that good lol haha.