It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:44 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:45 pm 
Crew

Drives: Leon Mk2
SAW wrote:
I'll do mine when I have more time - and I doubt it'll be in order of time either. My memory is decent but not that good lol haha.

Since joining svag, I've worked out I've owned 37 cars hence the no post from me yet. :wtf:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:51 am 
Crew

Drives: BMW 330 Clubsport and Bora TDI winter hack
scottishpedro wrote:
Hawk wrote:
Cracking pics Pedro. The wedding car pic of the Clio 200, is that at Balbirnie House?

Cheers. Well spotted, yes Balbirnie July 2011

It's a small world right enough, I was at your wedding.

I wasn't really, I was a member at the Golf club for years and went up and down that road almost daily.

SAW wrote:
I'll do mine when I have more time - and I doubt it'll be in order of time either. My memory is decent but not that good lol haha.

Speaking of weddings, how's the newly wedded Steve? I hope you had a cracking day fella. I think I can remember most of your cars but you must've had loads in your time here? I've seen test drives last longer than the time you've owned some of your motors. :haha:

Rico wrote:
SAW wrote:

Since joining svag, I've worked out I've owned 37 cars hence the no post from me yet. :wtf:

You shlaaaaag :laugh:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:55 am 

Drives: Mk2 Gti, 8P S3, B7 A4 avant, John Deere L120
Hawk wrote:
scottishpedro wrote:
Hawk wrote:
Cracking pics Pedro. The wedding car pic of the Clio 200, is that at Balbirnie House?

Cheers. Well spotted, yes Balbirnie July 2011

It's a small world right enough, I was at your wedding.

I wasn't really, I was a member at the Golf club for years and went up and down that road almost daily.

Haha had me going for a second there

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:22 pm 

Drives: Typ 8R & Typ 4F
Joined in 2005, already had my first XR2, bought it standard. Put a zetec on throttle bodies in it, mag featured, tracked, minor crash on track, repaired then wide arched and started fitting a BAM 20vT engine, then sold as a rolling shell in 2011.

For the 2005 winter, got a runner, Mk2 1.3, bought standard, lowered and wheels:

Gave the wee Mk2 to my Mum, and bought a Sierra Sapphire, that lasted 2 weeks then got sold and bought a Mk5B XR3i (105bhp) for daily duties:

Had the XR2 (C134HON) back on the road in the summer of '06 and the wee Mk2 Golf had chucked it, so gave my Mum the '3i. Ran the XR2 that year and then moved in with the now wife.

Still 2006 - Got a wee Ibiza for me & the wife as a daily, lowered & wheels (looking back at it now, prefer it on the steels)

Ibiza then got sold and got a Focus daily (no pics) & the XR2 in the garage as an on-going project.

Focus & XR2 still in the garage

At this point the XR2 project had stalled, sold the 20vT engine and bought another white XR2 with a zetec conversion (which was actually converted by my brother for a guy in Falkirk, I bought it from a guy in Liverpool)

Swapped that for a Robin Hood 2B kit car which needed work. Had it a while, but the more work we done on it, the more work it needed (had been originally built pretty poorly) ended up selling it mega cheap.

Picked up White Mk2 Jetta in May.

Sold that in the August and then in the October I got a Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Z31, 3.0 V6 single turbo)

Focus was replaced by Audi TT (TDi Quattro) as the daily:

Sold the Z31 and got a B5 S4 Avant:

The TT & S4 together:

Sold the S4 in the January with the plan to free up some cash, buy a 4WD and get something for drifting. So, enter the Hilux Surf:

Never did end up getting something for drifting and at the tail end of the year, the hankering happened again, so sold the Surf to free up cash and bought a cheaper Isuzu Trooper (will hopefully have the actual full size pics on the computer at home, will check and update the thread):

Turned out that the Trooper had been mega bodged by the previous owner and it turned out to be a rotten shed. Got sold to a guy from Dundee who bought it for parts. Then got a Mk1 Octavia 4x4 Estate 20vT

In the December, wife was pregnant and we wanted a new daily for her, ended up with an Audi Q5 S-Line Special Edition:

I then got the TT as my daily.

Sold the Octavia 4x4.

Kept the TT & Q5. Had a baby girl in March.

Sold the TT in December to free up some cash and to get something a bit more family friendly.

After 2 months of looking, found a decent daily: Audi A6 Avant 3.0TDI Quattro

And that brings me up to date, currently got the Q5 & the A6

Last edited by Ecosse on Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:03 pm 
Crew

Drives: Leon Mk2
You've had some nice cars Chris.I remember the XR2 build thread.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:24 pm 

Drives: B8 RS4 Avant
Starting in 2005, first time at E38 with SVAG (drove down with a panned in passenger window lol)

Lupo 1.0E

Lupo 1.4 sport

mk5 1.4

Lupo Gti

Audi A3 1.8t (literally the worst car I've ever owned)

ibiza FR Tdi

mk5 r32

mk5 r32

mk4 r32

went non vag for a bit

535 V8

E60 M5 5.0 V10

JCW

then back to vag and current ride...B8 RS4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:42 pm 

Drives: Mk5 Golf GTTDI & BMW E46 M3
Rico wrote:
SAW wrote:

Yea, i think I'm at least 50 :flush:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:09 pm 

Drives: s3 8l
Will have to dig out pics but since being a member of svag

Mk2 gti 8v oak green big bumper
Mk2 gti 8v red big bumper
2.3 audi coupe
8n polo
8L A3
8L S3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:59 pm 

Drives: Typ 8R & Typ 4F
Rico wrote:

Cheers Rico, pretty much most of the 'different' cars I would have again (Z31, S4, Surf)

My XR2 shell has been through 3 different owners and thr current one has said he's thinking of selling, I've aksed for a price, but even if it was reasonable, don't think I could. Just wouldn't be the same.

h9ypr wrote:
E60 M5 5.0 V10

Love those.

What are they actually like in real life, day to day?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:22 pm 

Drives: B8 RS4 Avant
Ecosse wrote:
Rico wrote:

Cheers Rico, pretty much most of the 'different' cars I would have again (Z31, S4, Surf)

My XR2 shell has been through 3 different owners and thr current one has said he's thinking of selling, I've aksed for a price, but even if it was reasonable, don't think I could. Just wouldn't be the same.

h9ypr wrote:
E60 M5 5.0 V10

Love those.

What are they actually like in real life, day to day?

Both are great but have their obvious drawbacks....too early to comment on the RS, but the M5 is stupid in anything other than dry and warm. It's also utterly poop on fuel haha but that's to be expected...7-10mpg around town not caring about fuel consumption, mid teens granny driving....long motorways maybe low 20s if you sit at 60...touch the pedal and it'll drop rapidly.

Repair costs also are astronomical. The last bill I had for it for a repair was over £3,000....awesome fun to own for a while other than that and they sound the nuts. :bigthumbs:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:57 pm 

Drives: Mk5 Golf GTTDI & BMW E46 M3
Hawk wrote:
Speaking of weddings, how's the newly wedded Steve? I hope you had a cracking day fella. I think I can remember most of your cars but you must've had loads in your time here? I've seen test drives last longer than the time you've owned some of your motors. :haha:

All good thank you mate. Enjoying it thus far. Can't wait for honeymoon now TBH. Desperate for some chill out and sunshine. No longer a VAG owner either, down to just the one car.

Haha yea, some test drives have been much longer. Think the record for shortest owned for me is the Oak Green 8v small bumper. Purchased on the Saturday lunchtime and sold to Bobby in a P/X deal Sunday tea time. Now owned by Andy who has done the car some justice.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:28 am 

Drives: Mk3 Skoda Octavia Elegance
Had over 40 cars but I'll post the ones I have pictures of and can remember where they fit.

Passed in 2004 and started with a 2003 03 plate Mk6 Fiesta which I traded in in 2006 looking like this

2006 - 2007 this was the fiesta replacement, literally the worst car I ever owned!

2007 - 2008 was this Mk6.5 Fiesta which was my first brand new car!

I had a mishap with a ditch and was banned in 2008 for 4 months. The fiesta left me like this

2008 - 2008 I swapped my fiesta for this Clio 182

2008 - 2009 I traded the clio 182 in for this after it decided it didn't like 5th gear anymore! Mondeo ST TDCi

2009 - 2009 I traded the Mondeo in after it developed the common injector fault which with 2 weeks of warranty left ford conveniently couldn't fault it! So traded it in for my first fiesta ST

2009 - 2009 I traded that in for this Fiesta ST500 special edition which had Mountunes 185 tuning pack

2009 - 2010 I then ran into some financial trouble and traded it in for my first vag group car, my fabia vrs! This car was a love hate but I still miss it to this day!

This was sold as I became unemployed and couldn't afford to pay the insurance on a modified car anymore and I also wanted to start my own mobile valeting company! So 2010 to 2011 was this VW caddy van! Second worst thing I've owned and cost me a fortune finally ending in turbo failure!

2011 - when I can remember, not wanting to spend anymore money on the caddy it was sold on and I split the money between 2 cars, and had umpteen ever since as I started buying and selling so these are the ones I can remember and have pictures of, there was cars in between I'm sure. I still miss my vectra! Was a fantastic car and so comfortable and nice to drive, the first 3 are in order the rest are guesses lol,

2014 - Now

I still have the Toledo and the grey MG which is an ongoing restoration. So a small variety of over 40 cars from 2004 till now lol.