It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:25 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:05 pm 
Hi all,

I've got a set of BBS RAs that I've been wanting to get refurbed for a while but I'd like some recommendations/advice first! I've spoken to a couple of painters who both said powdercoating is my only option for a good, even finish but one of them warned me that a poor job could leave a wavy appearance and I could also lose a lot of the detail from the wheels. What do you guys think? Is powdercoating my only option and if so where should I take them? They're not in bad nick but they are looking a bit scruffy with curbing marks and scratches. The Stirling area would be preferable but I'm willing to travel to have them done right...

Cheers!

Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:24 am 
Admin

Drives: whatevers last in the drive !!!
Mike at fife powder coatings is yet guy.

He's a trader on here.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:17 am 

Glentyan alloys. Speak to Colin. They do a cracking job. Maybe not too close to stirling though

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:35 pm 

Drives: B5 RS4 & Audi A3 2.0TDI
I used Fife powder coating for the alloys on my daily runner. Excellent job and very good price. About 45 mins to Glenrothes, so not too far considering his prices and the quality of his work.

If you are looking for somewhere in central, then try Skidz. They use a local guy who is really good, you might see his MK2 golf with purple wheels going about Falkirk. I can't remember the name of his company and i'm sure you will save some going direct, but might not save you too much by the time you add in tyre removal/fitting and balancing. I've seen them do a 1 day turn around for my brother's Range rover alloy and they also done my dad's evo 9. He dropped the car off and left it with them. Collected it a few days later. You know if anything was wrong then Craig at Skidz would fix it.

It gives you another option.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:01 pm 

Drives: Mk2 Leon Cupra Revo stage 2+
Back 'o Hill powder coating in Stirling is another place to go mate. Check them out on Facebook for some pics of his work. He's superb value and gives great results. Under £200 for a set of 4 no matter what size alloy. Tell him big eck with the blue mk2 Leon and white wheels sent you ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:26 pm 

Drives: Mk5 R32
IPF in Glenrothes is also very very good and a great price too

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:28 pm 
just realised i never responded to this - woops! i ended up getting them done by mike at fife powder coating and he did a decent job. cheers for all the responses - pics to follow :-)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:40 pm 

Drives: B5 RS4 & Audi A3 2.0TDI
Glad you got them done and are happy with them.
Mike did a great job on my seat alloys and they are holding up well.