It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hello, new member
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:19 pm 
Hey everyone, just putting up a wee thread to say hello.
Moved over from Ireland for university so I've decided I'd better meet the locals! Previously a member/lurker on GTINI.
Currently have a mk3 TDI GL 97 with my old 96 GL TDI I brought over sitting as a parts car.

Anyway, I'm based in Glasgow during the summer and Stirling the rest of the time so I hope to get to local meets in both areas.
Quick question, what's the attitude at meets towards rolling projects, or are finished articles preferred so as to keep the tone up? (Not to espouse the image that all old VAGs are rust buckets lol)

So, hello and all that banter I suppose!

Post subject: Re: Hello, new member
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:43 pm 

Drives: B5 RS4 & Audi A3 2.0TDI
Welcome to the forum. I've only been to one meet in Falkirk and i already new one of the guys. All seemed friendly and i'm sure they would be fine with work in progress.... most of our cars are!! They might take the p#ss out of you, but it could be anything and not necessarily car related. The Irish usually have a good sense of humour, so i'm sure you will be fine.

If you haven't gone through to Hamilton today, then that would have been a great day to start with. Enjoy Glasgow and Stirling.