It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:20 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please only create a thread for items and not for companies themselves as we have a no name and shame policy on ScottishVAG.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:50 pm 

Drives: s3 8l
OK my idea so i guess i should go first. I stay upstairs in a 4 in a block and have no access to a hose so a normal car wash for me would consist of going to the jet wash to get the worst off the car and then a hand wash back home, which would include 5 or 6 trips upstairs to get buckets of water to rinse the car.

Introducing the Outsunny 12l portable hand pump washer

What the advert said

Product Description
This Outsunny hand washer is a great way of washing your car or windows without using a lot of water and electrics. You can pressurize the container using pumping action by the lever on the top. This simple system is quick and effective and effortless. This item has a capacity of holding 12L of water, made with PE, PP and PVC materials with a lightweight and durable design. Comes complete with a spray gun, nozzle, brush and hose.
Features:
• Made from PE, PP and PVC
• Suitable for washing cars, windows, etc
• Easy push and pull pressurizing using top lever with handle
• Spray gun water is adjusted into column shape for easily rinsing dirt
• Made with yellow button switch and blue brush for convenient operation
• Lightweight manufacturing
• Space saver and easy to store when not use
• 12L tank capacity
• Quiet washing work without noise
• Strap for effortless portability anywhere
• Efficient water saving system
• Spray gun, nozzle and hose are included

First thought seemed worth a punt at £15 delivered to the house not expecting much .

Used it tonight for the first time, conditions damp and overcast . The pressure was ok and fine for rinsing the car but wouldn't hold out any hope for removing any debris.

I washed the car panel by panel and rinsing as i went , then moved onto the wheels and easily had 4 litres of water left . The outsunny does exactly what i need as in rinses car with no trips back up stairs so have to give it a seven out of ten . Only reason ive dropped a few marks is the pressure is a bit low and the build quality is ok but not sure how long it will last . Still at the price if had to buy one every six months it would be worth it .

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:43 am 
Crew

Drives: BMW 330 Clubsport and Bora TDI winter hack
Good stuff, it must be a pain in the arse having to go through all that.i've just realised how easy I've got it to wash my car, even then I was considering turning my shed around so I don't have to drag my pressure washer out and round the side of the shed :laugh:

I'm not sure if you've heard of it before but you can use a product called ONR (Optimum No Rinse) from what I've read on detailing world there's loads of folk in your situation that swear by it. You still need a bucket or ideally two but that would still just be the one trip down the stairs but if you find the out sunny isn't quite what you want. Have a look into ONR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:48 pm 

Drives: s3 8l
Looks good mate might give it a bash . Still got 1drywash sitting, bit of a strange product which I can't make my mind up on .