It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Crew Introductions.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:10 am 
Crew

Drives: VW Golf GTI 2.0P TSI Mk7, VW Golf GTI MK2 16V
Folks, I'm Eric (Hutch118). I've been a member now for 5 years and a past Chairman of the club albeit for only 6 months, stepping down because of work commitments. I worked alongside BigStew in that role.

I've always found the forum to be a great place to meet like minded folks and gain valuable knowledge about my cars. Long may that continue.

We are going through a change at the moment but be assured the crew are genuine and transparent in all that we are doing to move the club forward and upwards.

If you have any queries to ask, then PM me and I'll do my best to answer you. If I don't have the answer then I'll do my best to get one for you.

Please keep an eye on the forum for updates on what's happening.

Hutch.

Post subject: Re: Intro
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:24 am 
Crew

Drives: Oak Green 8v. Wifes Mk6 Golf Cab.
For those that don't know I am Andy.

Have previously been known as Blue Bora 90 when I first joined but then after a freak accident involving a fortune cookie I thought it apt to change my name.

Have been a member not for nearly 9 years and have found the forum a great friendly place with absolutely loads of useful information and threads. Lost count of how many times I've been looking for help and have found either the answers here or a point in the right direction. Have also made many many great friends through the club.

In years gone by I was a Regional Host for Glasgow/West and used to attend and organise regular meets. From it being quiet pub meets to sometimes seeing over 50 cars at Braehead on Wednesday nights. Smaller VW clubs and Facebook groups have killed that off but I would like to see the smaller meets happening again where even just a few friendly faces would show up and talk nonsense for a few hours.

Currently working on a 1988 Mk2 Golf that should be on the road in a few weeks. If anyone has any questions or looking for recommendations for companies in the West drop me a message and I will help if I can.

Really looking forward to being involved again and hopefully see some old and new faces at meets etc coming up.

Andy

Post subject: Re: Intros
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:29 am 
Crew

Drives: BMW 330 Clubsport and Bora TDI winter hack
To carry on from Eric and Andys posts.

For those who don't know me, I'm Gregor. I've been active in here for many years now, jeez way back in 2008 I joined. Did I,,,,,,,nope,,,,I didn't have hair back then either. Ive had more than my fair share of VWs and currently fighting an addiction to owning Mk2 Golfs. I currently own a MK5 Golf GTI and a very recently acquired BMW E46 Clubsport. I know, I know, but variety's the spice of life n all that jazz.

I came onto SVAG when the forum had tons of members and the forums were full of likeminded enthusiastic people who were only too happy to help each other. My dream for this place is to have that community feeling back, even if we can't have the same amount of active members (although that would be nice too)

I've never been crew before although I've been asked by three different crews, I've either been too busy or my healths not been good enough to be any use. Due to recent events, I wanted to stand up and show support for the club and not leave the members thinking there was nobody to help keep this place going.

We're all here to help and if anyone has any questions/suggestions, don't be scared to ask, we were all new to this place once before too, and we're all here because we enjoy the same thing, arguing,,, I mean cars, yup, defo cars.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:42 am 
Crew

Drives: Leon Mk2
Hello all, I'm Rico and I'm an alcoholic... dammit, wrong group.

Just a quick hello as above.
I've been a member of svag since 2005 and have held various positions over the years.
I'm here to help wherever I can, shout "please use the selling template" and generally keep an eye on things as the new crew find our feet.

As we've said in other threads, this crew has been set up to get some form of normality back to the club and is a group of very enthusiastic, experienced and we'll known members.
We all have different skills to offer and are here to help with anything we can.

We'll keep you all posted with everything we have planned in the coming weeks.

Rico.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:59 am 
Crew

Drives: 9n3 GTi & 986 Boxster
Alright fellow vw enjoyers!

i'm Koosh!

i joined the forum in 2006! holy sugar! coming up for 10 years... i'm pretty sure i actually owned a peugeot when i joined the forum!

anyways less of that the better! i have done moderating on this forum before, some people may remember that time! i was made to be official SVAG photographer last year, and although i was a mod i wasnt really there to do any moderating! i have been a large part of another forum which closed its doors last year (not due to anything i or we done, just people moving on and not using it as much since it was very small!) that forum didnt quite require as much moderating though :laugh:

i was asked by rico to lend a helping hand on the forum for the interim period whilst a new crew is found! i'll happily help out where i can and if anyone has any suggestions let us know and we will discuss and do our best to accomodate all the good stuff!

lastly i will hopefully be taking on some of the social media side of things! as we all know facebook and instagram are huge parts of everyone lives now, they are much easier to check, easier to contact people and much better for a 5 minute squint whilst sitting on the crapper! that said they wont be replacing the forum anytime soon as there really is no better way to find info and build threads than a good old forum! but i have a couple ideas in the works for integrating social media and the forum so everyone gets to enjoy it all!

cheers! x

Post subject: Re: Introductions.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:31 am 
Crew

Drives: Skoda Superb Elegance
Hi Folks, I'm Graeme, Aka G. Been on SVAG for several years, my main intention is to support the fellow crew where I can, I have a busy lifestyle but noticed the way the forum was heading and I've decided to dedicate some of my time to help out.

I want to sort out the forum and continue to drive forward and catch up with time, as previously mentioned social media has a damaging impact on forums but I feel with our long standing members we will get the forum back to its original glory.

The current crew are in place as a temporary measure untill such time we all find suitable candidates to take on the positions that we hold, I'm no different from any other user on this forum, nor is my fellow crew members. We took it upon ourselfs to try and help save the forum from where it was heading.

We all have the clubs best interests at heart and I want to hear any suggestions from people as to what they want from the club.

Lets get the bitch on the road

G

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:34 am 
Crew

Just to put minds at ease also, were temp crew in that we haven't been voted in.
I chose a few people I thought could help me and some of those have recommend others that are now part of the crew.

We won't be going anywhere until we're all satisfied things are how they should be.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:33 pm 

Rico wrote:
Just to put minds at ease also, were temp crew in that we haven't been voted in.
I chose a few people I thought could help me and some of those have recommend others that are now part of the crew.

We won't be going anywhere until we're all satisfied things are how they should be.

so you picked the crew they were not voted in :rules:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:36 pm 

Drives: pee pee Daily, Mk3 VR6 & Vlompact
Will you pass on the show details...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:37 pm 
Crew

Andymk312v wrote:

No, they're mine, nobody elses. I'm keeping them.

barrym381 wrote:
Rico wrote:

Is that not how it's supposed to be done? :rthumb:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:41 pm 

Rico wrote:
Andymk312v wrote:

No, they're mine, nobody elses. I'm keeping them.

barrym381 wrote:
Rico wrote:

Is that not how it's supposed to be done? :rthumb:

I thought you had to be voted in not just handshakes under the table yet everyone jumped down fuzzys neck for same thing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:01 pm 
Crew

Barry there will be a proper vote soon from all the members to install a new crew.

We are only temporary but may stand for the positions, everyone is welcome to put their names forward just as it should be.

There are no secrets or in the background handshakes with any of us.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:04 pm 
Crew

No handshakes here, we're just here till the real guys get voted in. Until then we're just looting the clubs accounts and spamming the place.

Bet you wish you'd offered to help now eh? There's £ millions in here. I'm considering cashing it in and swimming in it like Scrooge Mcduck.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:06 pm 

Hutch118 wrote:
Barry there will be a proper vote soon from all the members to install a new crew.

We are only temporary but may stand for the positions, everyone is welcome to put their names forward just as it should be.

There are no secrets or in the background handshakes with any of us.

should the vote not have been done before anyone was made part of the crew :rthumb: cant have one rule for certain people yet another for poor shug and Ashley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:08 pm 
Crew

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:11 pm 
Crew

If Shug and Ashley want to put themselves forward they'll be entitled to do so. Any member will be able to put themselves forward for positions within the crew, mods etc. When they do they can explain to everyone in their post why they are interested and what they will bring to the position and everyone else can vote if that's their choice.

Can't have much fairer than that ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:21 pm 

Rico wrote:

well you said it yourself last night on that guys polo ad you let him off with not putting selling template in as it was a decent ad I thought there were no exceptions so its either cause its a mate or some other reason

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:30 pm 
Crew

Barry. None of us are crew here. There's no jobs for the boys and we've said all along there will be a voting procedure.

If you click on where it says crew down the bottom of the forum, you'll see we're all listed as the same. There's no chairman etc. We're not making decisions or altering anything here, just trying to keep things ticking over and light hearted. In case you didn't notice, the whole crew stepped down with immediate effect yesterday leaving no time for procedures etc. I was asked for my help and gave up my time to help, nothing more, nothing less.

We made intro threads for kind of a giggle as everyone knows us but also to be a bit more personable so newcomers seeking help etc, seen there was people who'd help them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:43 pm 
Crew

barrym381 wrote:
Rico wrote:

I still don't know if you're being serious.

well you said it yourself last night on that guys polo ad you let him off with not putting selling template in as it was a decent ad I thought there were no exceptions so its either cause its a mate or some other reason

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:51 pm 

Rico wrote:
barrym381 wrote:
Rico wrote:

I still don't know if you're being serious.

well look at your post on this thread directed at adam mate viewtopic.php?f=265&t=126372
not a very good way of keeping decent members he has helped a good few member on here out including myself :rthumb:
who cares if he has an opinion and has not been online since November

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:08 pm 
Crew

barrym381 wrote:
Rico wrote:

It's been a long time since I was that hard on adverts without the template. If it's an advert that's just "car for sale, follow link" that's an issue.
If someone has put a really detailed advert up with all the relevant info, I'm not going to be all over it.

As we've said already, we're a temp crew set up quickly to over see the handover, we're made up of past crew and long serving members, I personally don't see the issue.

You'll have your chance to vote on full time crew and even put yourself forward in due course.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:20 pm 

Rico wrote:
barrym381 wrote:
Rico wrote:

It's been a long time since I was that hard on adverts without the template. If it's an advert that's just "car for sale, follow link" that's an issue.
If someone has put a really detailed advert up with all the relevant info, I'm not going to be all over it.

As we've said already, we're a temp crew set up quickly to over see the handover, we're made up of past crew and long serving members, I personally don't see the issue.

You'll have your chance to vote on full time crew and even put yourself forward in due course.

Barry. You've made a valid point on the vote and as everything was short notice, and we were just short term helping out, it didn't cross my mind that people might not want us helping out, I'm not saying that's what you're insinuating as we've met before, chatted plenty and get along well. Never the less it's a good point and one some people may actually want to vote on.

I've draughted up a post asking for members to vote a yes or no if they're OK with us helping out the club for now. Hopefully this eases people's minds a little.

Rico has had offers of help from others too which will no doubt be needed in the future, but as of now there's not really anymore help required as no roles have been or will be filled until there's a full time crew vote.

That being said, in the interest of fairness, if someone really wants to help out and feels unfairly treated that they never got the chance. Please say and I'll step aside and they can do it instead of me. As said its not a jobs for the boys situation we were just on hand at the time and willing to help.

Also appollogies if it looks to some like we have seized power, we really haven't as you'll see for yourselves shortly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:26 pm 
Crew

I was appointed crew by Lewis who is still the most senior member of the club, he was aware of my plan from the start.

You've missed the point of this thread entirely and I'd suggest you read our statements again.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:35 pm 

Drives: most folk up the wall
Well done to all for taking on temp roles to stabilise the club.

On a personal note I'm happy to vote all of you in, if your willing to take it on full time, good luck and hope you all do a great job, you have my full support

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:44 pm 
Crew

bobby wrote:
Well done to all for taking on temp roles to stabilise the club.

On a personal note I'm happy to vote all of you in, if your willing to take it on full time, good luck and hope you all do a great job, you have my full support

Cheers Bobster. You never know, you might see our names in the permeant crew vote.